Many of you keep asking why stepson’s opinion shouldn’t play a role in the decision about seeing his mother. Well, I don’t have an answer to that particular question, because I am not a member of the dumbass bar of America. However, in my experience and based on what dumb dumb has seen, the court is very pro-reconciliation, pretty much no matter what the cost. They (the courts) feel that it is more important to have a relationship with your biological mother (typically this does not apply to biological fathers) than anything else in the world. Dumb dumb (our lawyer) currently has a fifteen year old girl that the court says has to see her mom for an hour a week, so she goes to her mom car and stares at the door for an hour before going home. Dumb dumb has gone back to court numerous times begging the judge to make this stop and he consistently says it is in the girl’s best interest. As usual, I am completely downtrodden by our legal system, which just has so many failures. I am certainly not saying it is the worst in the world, but it is lacking in many ways, especially common sense. I understand the desire to ensure that children are not being influenced to hate their one parent by their other parent, but I think once the child starts refusing, their voice should matter. The question I have is what are they going to do if he refuses to talk during counseling? Order more counseling?
Just Fucking Love Yourself Already
10 years ago
1 comments:
Awww I'm so sorry that happened. My husbands biological egg donor was very abusive to my husband as a child so he never had to go through that. If stepson can prove to a counselor that it's more detrimental for him to see his biological mother than to not see his biological mother then what the counselor says will go in the courts. That's the only way I can think of him not having to go.
Good luck I know the court system sucks.
Post a Comment