BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Boys will be boys

Today I went to Chargers camp to drop off stepson and his friend for an hour and a half of football practice with some real NFL players. They had a blast and I was able to take banana and Sir to McDonald’s where Sir proceeded to eat ½ a chicken nugget and call it a meal. This is why Sir is in the 10th percentile. Anyway, Sir, in typical male fashion, was in the play structure trying to be like all the big boys, climbing up the (much taller than me) slide. He had a blast. Now, I’m sitting here typing as stepson and his friend are using my exercise/ birth ball to bounce onto on their stomachs. This then, results in them flying off and hitting something. They seem to think this is so much fun and it sure is funny as hell. I just keep telling them to try not to break themselves or any of my shit. I’m sure I’ll get to write a post later all about how the wall now has a stepson shaped hole. Meanwhile, banana is playing with her new tea set. So different these girls and boys.

On a side note, what does everyone think about day care? Sir is a little over two now and I am thinking about putting him in two half days at a little day care. I’m really hoping this will help him with his speech and interaction with other little people. Although yesterday he was sharing with another little boy, so that seems promising. The only major barrier for me is that I will not pay over $300 for basically eight hours (tops) a week. I’m looking for like $90, but I doubt this is possible. We’ll see. In the meantime, please leave your feedback about day care because I’m totally curious.

2 comments:

bodoba said...

When I first moved to my area I wanted to get my daughter into a home daycare where it was her and a few other children. Unfortunately the cost was way too expensive and couldn't afford it.

I think if it's in a small environment it really is beneficial because they do learn language better from their peers than adults.

If you can afford it, I'd say try it.

Jose said...

wow umm finding a daycare for $90 might be a little but hard but then again i wouldn't trust my son with just anyone.