BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

I love Ikea, but I don’t like the company

So, we went to Ikea today to get Sir and Banana a rug for the playroom. We found a cute racing rug for under $20. I love Ikea! We also got a new bath rug, new baby silverware (well, plastic ware), toddler cups, batteries, and a new laundry basket. It was all under $54. Again, I love Ikea! We also ate lunch there and I adore all of their food, especially the Swedish meatballs (I know real original thing for me to like from Ikea). It was a great trip in regards to getting the stuff we needed without breaking the bank.

HOWEVER, I could have gone without stepson’s company. We are walking through the dish section of Ikea and he is holding the new rug so we remind him that he needs to not play with it. Well, about thirty seconds later he is throwing the rug up and down. What the fuck! I immediately grab the rug before I end up paying hundreds of dollars for new broken glasses and remind him, albeit in a stern tone, that he was not to play with the rug. He snaps back with a quick “I didn’t hear you.” Well, for once crapstick does not let him get away with something, and says yes you did. Then, stepson proceeds to glare at me with his evil scary glare for the next minute until I finally tell him to knock it off. The remainder of the trip consisted of him being grumpy and moody. I HATE almost ten year old’s behavior! No wonder people dislike teenagers so much. Well, that’s it so far today.

3 comments:

bodoba said...

Wait preteens are moody?! No way, dealing with 2 yr old is hard but then they're angels after that right?

Moody children make for bad days. I feel for ya.

Jose said...

Ikea is my favorite

Chantelle said...

I've not yet had the nerve to venture into an IKEA. I've read some really interesting horror stories about getting lost in there and how it's an all day trip. I have to admit the stories were hilarious though, I'm just still not bold enough to try it out.

I do find it interesting that you mentioned the meatballs- the story I read was on IVillage and everyone raved about those meatballs!