BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Things that make me feel like a bitch

So, apparently today was my niece’s birthday. Did I remember; no. Did my trucker slut mom remind me; no. So little brother calls me to tell me what a retard I am and he is so right. Now I feel like an utter bitch. I’m sorry niece and niece’s family. I do love you and will promise to be a better aunt next year. Happy Birthday!!! Now, if I could only remember when nephew’s birthday way. Hmm.

Second reason that I’m officially a bitch: stepson invited this kid to come with us to Magic Mountain for stepson’s birthday event. Oh, and his birthday is not for a few months, but with football coming up, we won’t have any time to celebrate. Any way, the friend’s mom tells me last month that her son has a metal bar in his shoulder so she’s not sure what restrictions he might have. I said no problem just let me know, fully intending to still take the kid. However, last night she talked with my husband and said that if the metal bar gets displaced it could poke into his lungs and kill him. Then, today when I called to clarify what his restrictions are she tells me that he cannot ride any rides that have over the shoulder harnesses. Well, it’s Magic Mountain, so basically all of the cool rides (the reason you go to Magic Mountain) have over the shoulder harnesses. I tell her that maybe it’s not a good idea for him to go because he would have to wait in these hour long lines for nothing. She then, proceeds to say we can use his handicap sticker to get to the front of the line and then, reads me all about his condition and how even a blood pressure cuff could cause permanent paralysis. What the hell? I then, tell her that I’m don’t mean to be selfish, but I don’t think I can handle the responsibility of taking him with us, because I don’t want him to end up hurt if he goes on a ride that he should not have. I try apologizing, and saying the boys should get together later this weekend and she says, while her voice breaks, that she’ll have to call me back. She also tells me a sob story about how he was not allowed to go to a pool party last year because he was in a cast. I am sure she thinks I am the biggest bitch on the face of the earth. So, what do you people think?

I think that she should have bowed out when she realized that her son will not be able to ride the majority of the rides. I would have. I mean, I don’t get it, when we first invited him should could have easily said thank you, but no thank you because my son has a condition that makes it so he cannot ride on the rides. I know when I thought Sir had a milk allergy (he does not), I read all about how he could go to parties and how I would just have to bring food with us to make sure he could still have fun with the other kids. At that time, I vowed that Sir would get to have fun where he could, but would also not impede other kid’s fun time. I understand that it must be upsetting to have a child with any disability, but at some point don’t you have to know his limitations and accept them or maybe I’m just a fucking bitch. Who knows?

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Chione said...

Hi, I am an irc friend of Heathers. I enjoy your blog :) I agree with you about the friends mom. At least, if she didn't know that her son could not go on most of the rides, she must have had an idea. I personally would have said "I'm not certain, I will need to check into it" if I didn't say "no". Myself, I remember birthdays better when I set up a reminder in my cell phone.

MrsSoersdal said...

Look, it's easy. Your niece's birthday is the same day as Bug's birthday and your stepson's birthday is the same day as my birthday and Giggles' birthday. Other than your immediate family, you have TWO days a year to remember. God himself could not have made it any easier for you.

*tease, tease*

Little Brother said...

Nephews' birthday is a day before Little Brothers' that's all I can say. If you don't know my birthday then I will stop reading your effing blog! Hahah. And I will be monitoring your calls so you can't cheat!