After the past few weeks dealing with the abuse allegations at work and getting locked in the psych. Ward I was starting to believe that my life was a never ending series of emergencies. Today, despite having another work emergency, things seemed better somehow. The kids have been getting on my nerves, but today I stopped to smell the roses, so to speak. I just sat and watched them play throughout the day. I stopped worrying about Sir not talking and just started talking to him. He in turn rewarded me with a few new words “whisk” “thanks” and “the.” They weren’t said perfectly but I was happy anyway. Banana was sick today and instead of wanting to scream at her to stop her screaming I just held her when she needed to be held. This made her feel better and in turn she rewarded me by allowing me to put her down for a little bit. While crapstick and stepson were at football practice we made a cake together, hence the word whisk. I let Sir lick the spatula of cake batter and he was so happy to get to try it. All in all it was a very successful day at home with the kids and I cannot wait until I don’t have to work anymore. It turns out I really do love those little people.
PS Banana took her first real step today!
Just Fucking Love Yourself Already
10 years ago
1 comments:
Yay for banana's first step!! :)
Post a Comment