I got to work at 6am and I’m still here at 10:15pm. I woke up sick and thought I could make it an easy light day, but instead we got a new client from the psychiatric ward. I went to get her at 4:15pm and got locked in the psych. Ward for 2 hours because someone had committed suicide. He was found two minutes before we left about fifteen feet from me, so the psych. Ward went into lockdown mode. I was stuck in a room with the case manager and ten crazy people. All of the nurses, etc. were dealing with the suicide case and decided it was safe to leave us there. One of the poor crazy guys fell while walking to put his food away and there was blood everywhere. Neither the case manager nor myself had gloves and the other crazy people were either staring at him all drugged up or a few assholes were making fun of him. We started screaming for a nurse and finally got one to (barely) help him up and throw a towel on the blood. Oh my freaking word the crazy situations I end up in. After we finally got let out & I could get my purse (they take your purse, cell phone, etc. before you walk in) I got onto the phone with the pharmacy to make sure they would have my new client’s medication ready for 8pm. They assured me that they would be all ready, but alas at 10pm the doorbell rings and they have brought two of the eight medications I need for 8pm. Hmm, something doesn’t seem right? So I’m here for the night and hopefully the medications will be here soon too. There is no rest for the weary. Don’t you wish you had my job (I can feel the jealousy)?
Just Fucking Love Yourself Already
10 years ago
1 comments:
I did a 3 week rotation in the psychiatric wing while I was in nursing school....definitely NOT a place for me!!!!!!!!!! Yikes.
Hope you feel better soon :(
Post a Comment