Sir was coughing last night so we decided to give him Delsym cough suppressant at 11:30 at night. That turned into an awful ordeal that lasted until 4:30am this morning. He became a little crack addict and was completely agitated and unable to sleep. When I put him back to bed this morning I noticed that he had taken his pillow and stuffed animals and rearranged them onto the other side of his bed at some point last night. What a perfect little crack addict obsessively rearranging things. This morning I noticed a large hive on his bottom and we decided to take him to the doctor. He is indeed allergic to Delsym and also had a right ear infection so was prescribed Amoxicillin. He has had a very small cold but no other indicators that he could have an ear infection.
He took the Amoxicillin twice today and I noticed that he started to get hives all over his body. I called the doctor’s office and they told me to go to urgent care. So one trip later and we found out he is not only allergic to Delsym but also Amoxicillin (well technically anything in the Penicillin family). That means one day and two allergies so far. Poor allergic Sir. He was just fine through the whole ordeal and loved going to see two doctors in one day, he really enjoys all the attention.
On a side note the ear infection makes me feel a million times better about his speech problems. He was running around all day and looked completely healthy, so God only knows how many ear infections we have missed because of lack of symptoms. This also means that he probably does not have an actual speech disorder, but just can’t hear what the hell we are yacking about. I am so relieved that it could just be a garbled hearing thing because that can be fixed with some ear tubes or something to clear those puppies right up.
Just Fucking Love Yourself Already
10 years ago
1 comments:
Yikes!!!! Delsym was the one and ONLY thing that used to calm my daughter's cough when she had one, and she had one quite often when she was little.
Sorry to hear that sir has an ear infection. If they gave you anything like Omnicef, watch out for that terrible diaper rash that sometimes follows :( Did they mention that he had fluid in his ears, or just an infection? We had the same thing with my son. He had fluid in his ears pretty much since birth. They finally did tubes in February and he's talking a lot better, but he's still quite far behind, and nowhere near where he should be. They've recommended speech therapy but I guess I'm still in denial :(
Post a Comment