BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MUST update

I realized it has been a full week since I last updated and yet I have no motivation to update. I am having a constant daily struggle to get Sir the doctor’s 1500 calories a day. The child will refuse everything including ice cream and McDonald’s and if I would leave him alone would not eat a morsel of food for an entire twenty-four hour period stopping only briefly for water sips. No one knows what is wrong with him and if I hear another person tell me it’s a power struggle I will punch them in the face. I have ignored the behavior, I have overly praised him when he eats, we tried feeding him every two hours for a specified amount of time, we’ve tried rewards, we’ve tried punishments, we’ve tried sitting him in his chair alone and leaving, nothing works the kid HATES food. I saw a you tube video yesterday about kids with food phobias and I’m convinced that is what he has. Years of therapy here I come! I’m taking him to a chiropractor tomorrow and I’m going to try to start yoga with him or deep breathing or something. I am starting to hate food too, too bad when you are trying to feed someone else every two hours you gain weight. Hmmm. That’s my shitty or more preciously vomitty (I’m making up words) life and that my friends is why I have not written lately.

3 comments:

GeorgiaChick said...

Hey Sam. I just read that you are going to take Sir to a chiropractor. I meant to respond to your previous post about this :) My husband is a chiropractor and I read him your list of Sir's side effects etc and he mentioned an adjustment should really help. Sometimes you don't see immediate results because they treat the cause/problem and not the symptoms. Our bodies compensate for whatever is going and it takes some time to retrain our muscles to realign :) My hubs said he has seen some amazing results in toddlers who are being adjusted. Keep us posted. I'm thinking about you waaaaay over here on the East Coast!

Anonymous said...

Have they checked him for a hernia?

bodoba said...

Hey hun,

First off, you're an awesome mother. The fact that you haven't given up says loads. I'm very greatful for your blog because our toddlers are kinda similar in the speech/food area. Mine is on a week long hunger strike due to this flu so I sympathize with your dilemma.