BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Drugs, give me drugs

I went to the shrink today and he was actually a pretty nice guy. He listened for an entire 45 minutes, which is unheard of for a psychiatrist. We discussed different options for my newly diagnosed bipolar disorder (I'm officially angry for a reason) and settled on some Lamictal. He has started me off at a very low dosage and is taking it up to another low dosage over the course of this month. He feels that my baseline is hypo-mania (something I already knew) and that I only cycle into depression once a year (lucky me), but that the Lamictal might help calm my constantly racing thoughts. He also gave me an as needed Ativan! I am so stoked because stupid stepson cannot drive me nuts anymore because I will pop my Ativan and be in a calm drooling state. Oh, and the other good news is the shrink agrees that I don't need regular talk therapy. Thank God, I already talk too much as it is. Well, there's the update and I hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Mental Case said...

Well, that's it, you can no longer call me Mental Case because you are officially as mental as me, lol. Okay okay... not quite. :) Lamictal is a good one, I've never been on it but my cousin is amazingly less angry now that she's on it... Thank God! I love you & I hope the meds work well!

bodoba said...

I got recent bi polar diagnosed as well. Glad you're getting some meds.

Una