BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hello old friend

On Sunday afternoon after a week of eating healthier (vegetables and everything) and drinking more water than I ever do, I awoke to a lovely burning sensation when I peed. I immediately contacted my friendly on-call nurse practitioner who prescribed Septra DS. I picked up the prescription on Sunday evening and promptly began my antibiotic regimen. My old friend though wanted to say hello and by Monday night the burning was completely out of control. I bought the urinary tract analgesic medication and started taking that trying to deny the truth. This morning though I was out of denial because my left lower back was killing me. I have yet another kidney infection (hello old friend). So I was off to the doctor, received my horrible shot of antibiotics in the butt, and am started on Cipro as of this evening. It means that I had to cancel my training for my staff this evening, but I think it’s best to rest a little bit & get better. Maybe one day I will be able to pee without pain again and say a nice goodbye to my old friend.

2 comments:

GeorgiaChick said...

Oh goodness I can't even imagine the PITA that I'm sure a kidney infection is. It is rough being a woman sometiems hehe :) Hang in there!

bodoba said...

oh honey! kidney infections are the worst! I hope it clears up soon. Maybe your children will behave and you'll be able to recover faster. (mine never do but I can hope yours do)